Ospedale Fatebenefratelli (Ospedale per Convalescenti)
Ospedale Fatebenefratelli (Ospedale per Convalescenti) (1588 - 1885)
Location: Corso di Porta Nuova 23, Milan, Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia
The foundation stone of the Ospedale per Convalescenti (hospital for curable patients) was laid by the Fatebenefratelli in 1588. In 1637, its dispensary first opened to the public, and in 1842 a branch dispensary was opened outside the town centre. In 1875, the Fatebenefratelli founded a hospital for incurable diseases in Via San Vittore, still in use today under the name of San Giovanni. In 1885 they closed the Ospedale per Convalescenti.